[AD]: Hiring Firmware people

Denny Esterline-2

We are looking to hire an experienced Embedded Firmware Engineer to work as
part of a small engineering team to develop, improve, and maintain embedded
firmware written in the C programming language.

This is a full-time, in-office position in Tucson Arizona, we are not
considering remote-work applicants at this time. Moving assistance is
available.

To be considered for this position, you must have an intimate understanding
of the inner workings of a microcontroller, and the ability to write
software on "bare metal" (OS-less) systems. In the interview, you can
expect to be asked questions about registers, memory maps, ADCs, interrupt
processing, timers, compiler theory, and state machines.

The ideal candidate must have working knowledge of 16/32 bit
microcontrollers, as well as common peripherals and protocols: UART, I2C,
SPI, CAN, LIN, TCP/IP. The candidate would be expected to know how to take
a protocol specification standard and implement it in firmware.

A strong electronics background is also a must. The candidate must be able
to read schematics, board layouts, and datasheets, as well as use common
hardware debugging tools: oscilloscopes, multimeters, logic analyzers, and
signal generators.

Principal Duties

·        Define, clarify, and capture project goals & requirements

·        Design, implement, improve, refactor, test, and debug firmware

·        Use an Agile approach to write elegant, reliable, and well
documented

·        Participate in design & code reviews

Qualifications

·        Passion for writing quality code on small embedded platforms

·        Strong attention to detail and analytical/problem-solving skills

·        Out-of-the-box thinking

·        Staying focused and organized

·        Self-motivated

·        Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal

·        Receptive to constructive criticism

 Skills/Experience (Required)

·        Writing C code for small 16/32-bit micros (4+ years)

·        Reading schematics, datasheets & protocol specifications

·        Using oscilloscope, multimeter, logic analyzer, and signal
generator

Bonus Skills/Experience (Helpful)

·        Microchip PIC, ARM development experience

·        Technical writing

·        Understanding of CAN BUS

Education

Bachelors preferred, but not required.

High School Diploma or GED

Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.