ADC Sync pins on MCF52223 - where are they?

ADC Sync pins on MCF52223 - where are they?

Harjit Singh-2

I'm looking at using the MCF52223 and wanted to use a timer to kick of a set of ADC conversions.

The MCF52223 datasheets, ADC chapter block diagram shows a SYNCx signal and then the description says that a conversion can be initiated by asserting a positive edge on SYNC0 input.

If I search for SYNC0 there is no such pin. The language makes me believe that this should be a pin.

In the signals section, the ADC Signals section talks about ADC Sync Inputs and calls them SYNCA / SYNCB <- huh? what happened to SYNC0?

So, for the longest time, I thought that SYNCA and SYNCB must be the ADC sync inputs until just a few minutes ago, when I came across a SYNCn set of signals in the General Purpose Timer section and this section refers to SYNCA and SYNCB for synchronization of the timer counter.

I'd love to know:
* Do the ADCs have sync inputs?
  * If so, what are they called and what are their pin #s for the 100 pin QFP package?

Is there updated documentation around this?

Thanks,
Harjit
PS: The MCF52223 Reference manual talks about CANTX and CANRX and those don't exist on the MCF52223...

Windows Liveā„¢ Contacts: Organize your contact list. Check it out. [hidden email] Send a post to the list. [hidden email] Join the list. [hidden email] Join the list in digest mode. [hidden email] Leave the list.