BDM Tools via USB

lucaskt
Hello,

I have a board that does a USB->BDM interface, and have been trying to configure BDM tools to recognize a coldfire V2 (MCF52258) on a PCB. It used to work on Windows, but I've been trying to do it on Linux, and even bdm-chk fails.

Whenever I plug it in, a new usbdev device is created, but I still can't do a open /dev/usbdevX.X_ep00 on it.
What are the steps I should take to have it running?

Thanks for any replies.

PS: I thought of posting this on BDM tools forum, but apparentely they haven't answered a single question in quite a few months, so I take it the developers don't follow that forum too much, this seemed like a more active place.

Re: BDM Tools via USB

Chris Johns-2
On 8/02/2010 11:48 PM, lucaskt wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a board that does a USB->BDM interface, and have been trying to
> configure BDM tools to recognize a coldfire V2 (MCF52258) on a PCB. It used
> to work on Windows, but I've been trying to do it on Linux, and even bdm-chk
> fails.

BDM check does fail at some point on most devices. It may not support
the internal RAM on some processors. If it can test the registers it is
a good start.

> Whenever I plug it in, a new usbdev device is created, but I still can't do
> a open /dev/usbdevX.X_ep00 on it.
> What are the steps I should take to have it running?

Is this a TBLCF USB module ?

What Linux OS are you on ?

> Thanks for any replies.
>
> PS: I thought of posting this on BDM tools forum, but apparentely they
> haven't answered a single question in quite a few months, so I take it the
> developers don't follow that forum too much, this seemed like a more active
> place.

What forum is this ? This is the first email I have received for months
from this list and I have now 2.

Chris
---
[hidden email]              Send a post to the list.
[hidden email]        Join the list.
[hidden email]    Join the list in digest mode.
[hidden email]     Leave the list.