[BUY]: Firmware Developer/Consultant

Vitaliy-8
Project description

This project involves developing firmware for a communication protocol
converter based on a Microchip 18F part. The purpose of the device is to
convert OBD-II protocols to/from RS-232. We provide the hardware.
Approximate project duration is 2-4 months.

Project requirements

v     The firmware must be written in C, preferably using the MPLAB
development environment.
v     The code must be well commented, easily maintainable, and portable to
other 18F devices.
v     Frequent source code updates (about once a week).
v     Frequent progress reports.
v     Optionally, frequent telephone conferences (1-2 times per week).

Candidate requirements

The candidate absolutely must:

v     Be a good communicator.
v     Have experience developing using Microchip 18F series of
microcontrollers.
v     Have experience developing low-level communications firmware.
v     Know embedded C.
v     Provide a list of references and code samples.

Not required, but nice to have:

v     Experience with CAN
v     Familiarity with OBD-II

Send your resume, references, and code samples to [hidden email].

Questions/comments/suggestions are welcome.

Re: [BUY]: Firmware Developer/Consultant

Jay Shroff
Hi Vitaliy

I did a project very similar to convert OBD data to RS232 using a Cypress Semi PSOC. This project won a prize in the circuit cellar PSOC 2004 contest see entry at http://www.circuitcellar.com/psoc2004/winners/c2974.htm

I have worked extensively with PIC's and am very confident that I can complete this project. If you would like to discuss further please give me your contact info and a time that works for you and I will call to discuss

Thanks
Jay