CAN Bootloader for MC9SXEP

axel_20002003
Hi everybody,
i'm new of this group.
I've to do a CAN bootloader for mc9s12xep100 microcontroller i've read AN2546 and AN3391 application notes but at this moment i'm a little confused.
Some of you have already write a bootloader for this family? Can you explain  the step i've to  do to write a bootloader?

Thanks

Fausto

Re: CAN Bootloader for MC9SXEP

Rob Milne
In my opinion AN2548 is more useful.  AN2720 is a distillation of the flash programming routines but isn't a bootloader (no reset management or real/pseudo vector tables).  You probably want something in the middle.

V2.03 of the software works with xgate.

-rob

--- In [hidden email], "axel_20002003" <axel_20002003@...> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
> i'm new of this group.
> I've to do a CAN bootloader for mc9s12xep100 microcontroller i've read AN2546 and AN3391 application notes but at this moment i'm a little confused.
> Some of you have already write a bootloader for this family? Can you explain  the step i've to  do to write a bootloader?
>
> Thanks
>
> Fausto

Re: CAN Bootloader for MC9SXEP

davidarmstrong72
I have a version of the AN2548 bootloader for the S12XE.  I'll attach it.
It's a CW project.

Dave

Suggestions for a new development board

Jerry Fields

Hello,

I have been using an Axiom CMD-12DP512 development board, with a MC9S12DP512 MCU on it. This development board has been OK, but I really want to upgrade. Axiom provided their own development environment software for this board, but from what I see in this group, most people use code warrior. I found that code warrior can not access this board however. As far as the MCU on the board I am looking for, I would like to go with something similar or better then the MC9S12DP512, but I am open to suggestions.

Things I am looking for:

I would like a USB interface on the development board.
I would like a development board that has a good lighted LCD that it comes with (or something better?).
A keypad that comes with the board would be nice too.
I once found a development board, that had a video camera hooked to it, but I lost the link, and was never able to find it again.

To some it all up, I am looking for a new development system, with ALL the bells and whistles that I can find. I am really wanting to ramp up my skills, and I am willing to kick out some $$$$ to do so.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions!

Jerry

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: Suggestions for a new development board

ga5941

________________________________

Re: Suggestions for a new development board

Michael Burgess
Jerry,
You should look at the Tower system by Freescale,  There is hardware
support for various processors and a
host of peripheral devices.  There is a kinetis board that supports
ethernet, USB, CAN, FLASH, etc.
The Tower system can be quipped with QVGA with touch and a host of
current technoloyg.  Additionally
there is a tremendous amount of free software available that allow you
to use all this new stuff.  You should
look a the offerings in the Tower Development system.
Mike Burgess.

On 2/28/2011 11:38 AM, Jerry Fields wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have been using an Axiom CMD-12DP512 development board, with a MC9S12DP512 MCU on it. This development board has been OK, but I really want to upgrade. Axiom provided their own development environment software for this board, but from what I see in this group, most people use code warrior. I found that code warrior can not access this board however. As far as the MCU on the board I am looking for, I would like to go with something similar or better then the MC9S12DP512, but I am open to suggestions.
>
> Things I am looking for:
>
> I would like a USB interface on the development board.
> I would like a development board that has a good lighted LCD that it comes with (or something better?).
> A keypad that comes with the board would be nice too.
> I once found a development board, that had a video camera hooked to it, but I lost the link, and was never able to find it again.
>
> To some it all up, I am looking for a new development system, with ALL the bells and whistles that I can find. I am really wanting to ramp up my skills, and I am willing to kick out some $$$$ to do so.
>
> Thank you in advance for any suggestions!
>
> Jerry

Kindest Regards,

Michael Burgess
Industrial Scan Inc.
223 Hickman Drive
Sanford, FL. 32771
407-322-3664

Re: Suggestions for a new development board

Tom Almy
I've been using Wytec Dragon-12 boards for my classes for many years now. They have everything but the kitchen sink on them. Very flexible. Versions for Code Warrior or DBUG-12, and you can switch the firmware if you wish.

http://www.evbplus.com/9s12/9s12_hcs12.html

Tom Almy
Tualatin, Oregon USA
Internet: [hidden email]
Website: almy.us

On Feb 28, 2011, at 8:38 AM, Jerry Fields wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have been using an Axiom CMD-12DP512 development board, with a MC9S12DP512 MCU on it. This development board has been OK, but I really want to upgrade. Axiom provided their own development environment software for this board, but from what I see in this group, most people use code warrior. I found that code warrior can not access this board however. As far as the MCU on the board I am looking for, I would like to go with something similar or better then the MC9S12DP512, but I am open to suggestions.
>
> Things I am looking for:
>
> I would like a USB interface on the development board.
> I would like a development board that has a good lighted LCD that it comes with (or something better?).
> A keypad that comes with the board would be nice too.
> I once found a development board, that had a video camera hooked to it, but I lost the link, and was never able to find it again.
>
> To some it all up, I am looking for a new development system, with ALL the bells and whistles that I can find. I am really wanting to ramp up my skills, and I am willing to kick out some $$$$ to do so.
>
> Thank you in advance for any suggestions!
>
> Jerry

Re: Suggestions for a new development board

Stefan-140
By the “Tower System” with all the other boards around it.

RE: Suggestions for a new development board

Jerry Fields

You guys are great, and thanks alot! I will now begin to investigate your suggestions.

Thank you again!

Jerry Fields

To: [hidden email]
From: [hidden email]
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 18:46:46 -0800

By the “Tower System” with all the other boards around it.

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: Suggestions for a new development board

Rob Milne
You may also want to check out the Freescale demo xdt512 board (Digikey# DEMO9S12XDT512E-ND).  It doesn't have a lot of features but it does have an integrated P&E usb bdm.  It was my entry point for xgate development.  Of course it comes with the code size limited version of CW.  If you need >32K you'll have to purchase the compiler - either CW or ICC/NoICE.  You can leave the xgate disabled (default condition) if you don't need it.

ICC xgate is assembler only (which is fine by me) - NoICE cannot step through xgate code but it does display the xgate registers.  Setting the XGFRZ bit in XGMCTL will allow one to stop the xgate when at a breakpoint in the cpu allowing limited control when testing inter-processor synchronization.

-rob