[EE]: A Low Cost Analog and Digital TV (DVB-T) Modulator (with tag)

[EE]: A Low Cost Analog and Digital TV (DVB-T) Modulator (with tag)

Alex Harford
(Resent with tag)

http://fabrice.bellard.free.fr/dvbt/

Clever idea, using a video card's PLL to transmit in the VHF band.

Re: [EE]: A Low Cost Analog and Digital TV (DVB-T) Modulator (with tag)

hector (Bugzilla)
Alex Harford wrote:
> (Resent with tag)
>
> http://fabrice.bellard.free.fr/dvbt/
>
> Clever idea, using a video card's PLL to transmit in the VHF band.

VERY cool! I knew Tempest for Eliza, but not this one.

--
Hector Martin ([hidden email])
Public Key: http://www.marcansoft.com/hector.asc

Re: [EE]: A Low Cost Analog and Digital TV (DVB-T) Modulator (with tag)

Robert Rolf
Its just DDS (Direct Digital Synthesis) using the fast DACs
on modern video cards with the timing adjusted to meet
DVB standards, and relying on high harmonic content of the
output to reach the desired RF channel frequency.

Using a PC video card to output arbitrary waveforms is
NOTHING new. I did it back in the late 1980's when all
we had was EGA. Back then the CRTC (MC6845) commonly used
was directly programmable. Today it's a lot trickier since
you can't directly access all the timing registers (most chip
docs are now NDA).

Although this project is nicely done.

Robert