[EE]: KICAD 6 new features

Re: [EE]: KICAD 6 new features

Isaac Marino Bavaresco-2
In KiCAD 5 they simply cloned P-CAD's file format for PCBNew. The only
differences I noticed were some names of graphical elements.

That's what they are doing for EESchema now.

The format is almost equal to XML, with parenthesis replacing < and >.

--
Este email foi escaneado pelo Avast antivĂ­rus.

Re: [EE]: KICAD 6 new features

Holy cow! I look forward to the new KiCAD.

On Friday, February 5, 2021, RussellMc <[hidden email]> wrote:
> ~= 100 pages

https://techexplorations.com/blog/kicad/kicad-6-review-new-and-improved-features/

Re: [EE]: KICAD 6 new features

Justin Richards
I also look forward to the new KiCAD.

Not sure when push/shove came out in KiCAD but was a game changer for me
and makes it easy to choose KiCAD.

On Fri, Feb 5, 2021 at 8:58 PM Jason White <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Holy cow! I look forward to the new KiCAD.
>
> On Friday, February 5, 2021, RussellMc <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > ~= 100 pages
> >

> https://techexplorations.com/blog/kicad/kicad-6-review-new-and-improved-features/

> Jason White

Re: [EE]: KICAD 6 new features

Jason White-20
I agree wholeheartedly. It is better than the layout package used at my
company. With the schematic user interface update and layout DRC update I
don't see much too many missing (or hard to use) features that would bar
small sized company or consultancy from considering it.

On Friday, February 5, 2021, Justin Richards <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I also look forward to the new KiCAD.
>
> Not sure when push/shove came out in KiCAD but was a game changer for me
> and makes it easy to choose KiCAD.
>

> On Fri, Feb 5, 2021 at 8:58 PM Jason White <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Holy cow! I look forward to the new KiCAD.
>>
>> On Friday, February 5, 2021, RussellMc <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > ~= 100 pages

https://techexplorations.com/blog/kicad/kicad-6-review-new-and-improved-features/

>> > --

>> Jason White

Re: [EE]: KICAD 6 new features

Jim Ruxton-2
Really looking forward to this new version. Wondering if people miss having
an integrated autorouter. Occasionally I will use the Freerouting tool with
Kicad however with the addition of built in routing tools in recent
versions I'm using it less.
Jim