[EE]:: Test of MINI-360 (MP2307-based) “3A” Buck Converter Module

[EE]:: Test of MINI-360 (MP2307-based) “3A” Buck Converter Module

RussellMc
converter module, if you buy the good ones.

The "Mini 360" is a widely available (usually Asian sourced) low cost buck
converter module.
Claimed specifications vary but typical would be1-17V output, 4.75V-23V
input, 1.8A current (3A maximum) and up to 96% conversion efficiency
As ever YMMV, and in practice not only MYMV but may vary very
substantially. Some products may approach the claimed efficiency and power
capability. Others very certainly don't.
(eg around 60% efficiency at 500 mA out and around 10% efficiency at 20 mA
out).

This 2018 Techzone test investigates performance and reasons why some Mini
360  modules are less useful than a linear regulator.

https://goughlui.com/2018/07/04/tested-mini-360-mp2307-based-3a-buck-converter-module/

Re: [EE]:: Test of MINI-360 (MP2307-based) “3A” Buck Converter Module

Jason White-20
That's interesting, 10% efficiency from a poorly designed smps! I will have
to be careful if I ever consider using ebay modules in projects.

On Friday, November 13, 2020, RussellMc <[hidden email]> wrote:

> converter module, if you buy the good ones.
>
> The "Mini 360" is a widely available (usually Asian sourced) low cost buck
> converter module.
> Claimed specifications vary but typical would be1-17V output, 4.75V-23V
> input, 1.8A current (3A maximum) and up to 96% conversion efficiency
> As ever YMMV, and in practice not only MYMV but may vary very
> substantially. Some products may approach the claimed efficiency and power
> capability. Others very certainly don't.
> (eg around 60% efficiency at 500 mA out and around 10% efficiency at 20 mA
> out).
>
> This 2018 Techzone test investigates performance and reasons why some Mini
> 360  modules are less useful than a linear regulator.
>
> https://goughlui.com/2018/07/04/tested-mini-360-mp2307-
> based-3a-buck-converter-module/

RE: [EE]:: Test of MINI-360 (MP2307-based) “3A” Buck Converter Module

David Van Horn
Whenever I see "up to" in a data sheet, I immediately think "and down to?"

--
David VanHorn
Lead Hardware Engineer

Backcountry Access, Inc.