[EE]: Yaesu FRG100 (was: Radio Clock receiver)

[EE]: Yaesu FRG100 (was: Radio Clock receiver)

Buehler, Martin

>It's only a variation of good old fashioned morse code on/off
>keying (class A1A).  As someone pointed out you can decode the
>data by eye with a blinking LED or if you have a SSB radio
>receiver that will tune that low you can do it by ear.  I've
>used my Yeasu FRG100 and fed the output into a PC sound card
>to decode MSF.

how did you configure your frg100 to receive the radio clock signal?
mine cannot tune below 130kHz!

tino

Re: [EE]: Yaesu FRG100 (was: Radio Clock receiver)

Peter Onion-2
On Fri, 2005-06-17 at 07:57 +0200, Buehler, Martin wrote:

> how did you configure your frg100 to receive the radio clock signal?
> mine cannot tune below 130kHz!

I think it's a "press these nuttons when turning on the power" type of
thing.  I THINK I wrote it down on the inside cover of my owmer's
manual, so I'll check when I get home tonight.

Peter

Re: [EE]: Yaesu FRG100 (was: Radio Clock receiver)

Mike W-8

On 17 Jun 2005 at 7:57, Buehler, Martin wrote:

> >It's only a variation of good old fashioned morse code on/off
> >keying (class A1A).  As someone pointed out you can decode the
> >data by eye with a blinking LED or if you have a SSB radio
> >receiver that will tune that low you can do it by ear.  I've
> >used my Yeasu FRG100 and fed the output into a PC sound card
> >to decode MSF.
>
> how did you configure your frg100 to receive the radio clock signal?
> mine cannot tune below 130kHz!

I think the info is at http:\\www.mods.dk
its a simple two button press when powering the receiver up.
If you can't find it at mods.dk then I have the info somewhere.
hth, Mike W, G8NXD