Gateway

Hermann Schulz
Hi All,

I have a problem with the Gateway.
I've developed a control system with 10 relays, 10 digital inputs,
4 serial Interfaces, 32kByte Ram, LAN 91C111 and the ATMega128.

Software: ethernut 3.9.3, Compiler ImageCraft V6.3.
Tested in Linux network.

The communicating goes over UDP protocol. Sometimes it is necessary that
the response from the Io's or serial interface go into another Network.

In the configuration (Telnet) the customer has the possibility to change
The IP, Gateway, destination IP's, Port numbers and so on.

But when they use the gateway function the response from the control
system
goes never in the other network.

Example: Control IP 192.168.110.126     Gateway 192.168.110.1
Destination      IP 192.168.115.50

Can anybody help me?

Best regards
Hermann Schulz

Re: Gateway

David Armstrong-2
maybe look at your subnet mask , either set in your code or infact any
router on your internal network
it will probably be set at 255.255.255.0  try setting it to 255.255.0.0

Richard

> I've developed a control system with 10 relays, 10 digital inputs,
> 4 serial Interfaces, 32kByte Ram, LAN 91C111 and the ATMega128.
>
> Software: ethernut 3.9.3, Compiler ImageCraft V6.3.
> Tested in Linux network.
>
> The communicating goes over UDP protocol. Sometimes it is necessary that
> the response from the Io's or serial interface go into another Network.
>
> In the configuration (Telnet) the customer has the possibility to change
> The IP, Gateway, destination IP's, Port numbers and so on.
>
> But when they use the gateway function the response from the control
> system
> goes never in the other network.
>
> Example: Control IP 192.168.110.126     Gateway 192.168.110.1
> Destination      IP 192.168.115.50
>
> Can anybody help me?
>
> Best regards
> Hermann Schulz

Re: Gateway

Harald Kipp
Hermann,

Larger companies often block some traffic between networks.
I'd first check, wether the datagrams get through when
using a PC. Do not forget to check both directions, because
router filters handle them independently.

There is no known routing limitation with Nut/OS. Except
Nut/OS can not work as a router, but that's another topic.

Harald