I2C problem

Rivan Rivaldy
Hi all,
Currently I'm facing problem with using I2C in my project.
I'm using M68HC912B32 connected to a pressure transducer CSDX2000A2R from SensorTechnics. The transducer requires I2C for communicating with the controller. I'm using bit banging method for I2C interface.

The problem is, after sending the slave address to the sensor, the controller didn't read any acknowledgement from the slave. I've checked using a simple code that the voltage during High and Low states of the SDA & SCL pins are within the acceptable range.

Did anyone have any experience with I2C using bit banging method? I do hope that you could help me solving this problem.

Your help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Rivan

RE: I2C problem

jpdi
Hi !

What is bit banging method ?
For I2C access (memory and clock), I don't understand how run I2C Interrupt,
so I developed soft (C) driver... For me, it runs... Is this "bit banging" ?

Joel

Re: I2C problem

Rivan Rivaldy
Hi Joel,
For communicating with the sensor, I didn't use I2C driver. Instead, I connected the SDA and SCL lines of the sensor to 2 pins on the microcontroller. These 2 pins will then act as the SDA and SCL line. For example, if I want to send a start sequence to the sensor, I will keep the controller pin connected to the SCL to be High, while the controller pin which is connected to SDA will have a High to Low transition and thus simulate the Start sequence for I2C slave.

What kind of driver did you develop for your I2C?

Thank you.

Rivan

--- In [hidden email], "jpdi" <jpdi@...> wrote:

> Hi !
>
> What is bit banging method ?
> For I2C access (memory and clock), I don't understand how run I2C Interrupt,
> so I developed soft (C) driver... For me, it runs... Is this "bit banging" ?
>
> Joel

RE: Re: I2C problem

jpdi
OK, Rivan.

This is the system I use for a couple of years.
I can send you of list the C source file I use for that.
This is the "driver" I spoke in my precedent mail.

Sorry, comments are in French.

Joel

Re: I2C problem

Rivan Rivaldy-2
Hi Joel,
Where is the driver that you spoke of?
Do you mind to send it to my email at [hidden email]?
Thank you very much.

Rivan

--- In [hidden email], "jpdi" <jpdi@...> wrote:

> OK, Rivan.
>
> This is the system I use for a couple of years.
> I can send you of list the C source file I use for that.
> This is the "driver" I spoke in my precedent mail.
>
> Sorry, comments are in French.
>
> Joel

Re: I2C problem

eazi_sam
Hello Rivan and Joel,
        I am trying to communicate a sensor SRF10, to a 68HC912B32 board using the I2C serial connection without much avail. and i will appreciate it if you could send me the driver you mentioned in your communications. my email address is aewonou@gmail.com
Thank you very much.
Sam

Rivan Rivaldy-2 wrote
Hi Joel,