Interrupts on Port H

dedison07
I'm having a problem having two interrupts on Port H, I want to use two dip switches to show two different messages on my LED but I don't know how to configure it two where both messages show I only can get one message on both switches. Please help

Re: Interrupts on Port H

Tom Almy
You can only have one interrupt routine for port H. It must check the flag bits one at a time and print the appropriate message for each bit.

Tom Almy
Tualatin, Oregon USA
Internet: [hidden email]
Website: almy.us

On Aug 10, 2011, at 5:10 AM, dedison07 wrote:

> I'm having a problem having two interrupts on Port H, I want to use two dip switches to show two different messages on my LED but I don't know how to configure it two where both messages show I only can get one message on both switches. Please help

Re: Interrupts on Port H

dedison07
well I think its one interrupt but I need to use two dip switches to display the messages.

--- In [hidden email], Tom Almy <maillists_for_tom@...> wrote:

> You can only have one interrupt routine for port H. It must check the flag bits one at a time and print the appropriate message for each bit.
>
> Tom Almy
> Tualatin, Oregon USA
> Internet: tom@...
> Website: almy.us
>

> On Aug 10, 2011, at 5:10 AM, dedison07 wrote:
>
> > I'm having a problem having two interrupts on Port H, I want to use two dip switches to show two different messages on my LED but I don't know how to configure it two where both messages show I only can get one message on both switches. Please help

Re: Interrupts on Port H

Edward Karpicz
how does your port H initialization and port H ISR look like?

Edward

> I'm having a problem having two interrupts on Port H, I want to use two
> dip switches to show two different messages on my LED but I don't know how
> to configure it two where both messages show I only can get one message on
> both switches. Please help

Re: Interrupts on Port H

Tom Almy
Logic of interrupt service routine needs to be along the lines:

1. If interrupt flag for pin connected to first switch is 0 (not set) then goto step 3.
2. put up message associated with first switch
3. If interrupt flag for pin connected to second switch is 0 (not set) then
goto step 5.
4. put up message associated with second switch
5. clear interrupt flags and return from interrupt routine.

Tom Almy
Tualatin, Oregon USA
Internet: [hidden email]
Website: almy.us