[OT] Hit Counter

Aaron-4
Hello all,

I've been working on a personal website.
Can anybody recommend a benign hit counter?  I am looking for something
free, with no popups, no advertisements, or other links.
Stats would be neat but not required.

Aaron Garber

Re: [OT] Hit Counter

William Couture
On 6/12/05, Aaron <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've been working on a personal website.
> Can anybody recommend a benign hit counter?  I am looking for something
> free, with no popups, no advertisements, or other links.
> Stats would be neat but not required.

I'm using a hit counter from www.cgi101.com,
   http://scripts.cgi101.com/freebies/txcounter.txt

Since it all runs on your "local" machine, you don't have to worry
about anyone "piggybacking" on your hitcounter.

Bill

--
Psst...  Hey, you... Buddy...  Want a kitten?  straycatblues.petfinder.org

RE: [OT] Hit Counter

Wouter van Ooijen
> I've been working on a personal website.
> Can anybody recommend a benign hit counter?

what about no counter? IMHO a counter serves no usefull purpose for the
vistitor, and if you want statistics there are better ways.

Wouter van Ooijen

Van Ooijen Technische Informatica: www.voti.nl
consultancy, development, PICmicro products
docent Hogeschool van Utrecht: www.voti.nl/hvu

RE: [OT] Hit Counter

jrem
or write one in php or asp or pearl or something, just increment a
variable when the page is read, and store it in a flat file or db or
something, and there you go.