[OT] soldering mild steel sheet, galvanic corrosion?

[OT] soldering mild steel sheet, galvanic corrosion?

Allen Mulvey
I still have a roll so I checked the label, you are correct. I had it
backwards.

Allen

Re: [OT] soldering mild steel sheet, galvanic corrosion?

louijp@gmail.com
The real eutectic alloy is 63/37, but it is commonly 60/40. But that will
be hard to use with mild steel unless you have at least a 200W soldering
iron or a propane torch, and prepare the steel with phosphoric acid before
soldering.

Jean-Paul
N1JPL

Sent from my Communication Rock Slate