[PIC] Microchip Samples

Alan B. Pearce
I am impressed. My first attempt at getting Microchip samples, ordered on
June 1st, and they have arrived in my hands in the UK today.

Now for some playing with dsPics and 10F206s.

Re: [PIC] Microchip Samples

microsoftwarecontrol
to me, I am simply ignored. I spent huge time and money
using microchip's and they have some unknowing policy
that making them saved may be ten bucks.

very unfair way.

> I am impressed. My first attempt at getting Microchip samples, ordered on
> June 1st, and they have arrived in my hands in the UK today.
>
> Now for some playing with dsPics and 10F206s.

Re: [PIC] Microchip Samples

Randy Glenn
If you're requesting from yahoo.ca, odds are they will turn you down -
most generic webmails won't work. Try a lesser-used domain.

On 6/10/05, microsoftwarecontrol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> to me, I am simply ignored. I spent huge time and money
> using microchip's and they have some unknowing policy
> that making them saved may be ten bucks.
>
> very unfair way.

-Randy Glenn
Computer Eng. and Mgt. Year IV, McMaster University
Industry Liason, McMaster IEEE Student Branch

randy.glenn-at-gmail.com - glennrb-at-mcmaster.ca
randy.glenn-at-computer.org - randy_glenn-at-ieee.org
http://www.randyglenn.ca

Re: [PIC] Microchip Samples

Alan B. Pearce
>If you're requesting from yahoo.ca, odds are they will turn you down -
>most generic webmails won't work. Try a lesser-used domain.

They specifically say on the website that they will not accept sample orders
from such websites.

Re: [PIC] Microchip Samples

Phil B-2
Is this new?  I've requested samples several times and
gotten them - gave a yahoo.com address in both cases.
Last one was 3-4 months ago.

Phil

--- "Alan B. Pearce" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> >If you're requesting from yahoo.ca, odds are they
> will turn you down -
> >most generic webmails won't work. Try a lesser-used
> domain.
>
> They specifically say on the website that they will
> not accept sample orders
> from such websites.

RE: [PIC] Microchip Samples

Jan-Erik Söderholm
phil B wrote :

> --- "Alan B. Pearce" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> > They specifically say on the website that they will
> > not accept sample orders from such [Yahoo] websites.

Im not sure, but don't they also "filter" on
shipping address (countries or areas)...

 Jan-Erik.

Re: [PIC] Microchip Samples

Steve Murphy

>Is this new?  I've requested samples several times and
>gotten them - gave a yahoo.com address in both cases.
>Last one was 3-4 months ago.

Yes it's new. My hotmail account doesn't work anymore but business
account does (e.g., they sent the samples).

RE: [PIC] Microchip Samples

Jan-Erik Söderholm
Steve Murphy wrote :

> Yes it's new. My hotmail account doesn't work
anymore but business
> account does (e.g., they sent the samples).

Seems pretty reasonable, I would probably do the same...

B.t.w, just
got a confirmation from MC on my last
sample order, a couple of some of
the new PIC18 CAN
devices  and a few CAN drivers (MCP2551).

At this
time, 5 was the max amount of "larger" chips (such as
the PIC18's), and
15 was the max amount for a part from
the analog group...

Now, the
"Estimated Ship Date:" for all of them was 07/04/2005.
Let's see if
they arrive earlier...

Regards,
Jan-Erik.

[PIC] BUGfree Microchip CANBUS C18-Lib ? (AN738)

Info-1241
I am trying to learn C and in the process also howto use
the CANbus. Now, Ive read that there are bugs in the CAN lib.
I have enough problems with C alone, w/o bugs in the core-can-lib
so if someone would like to share a fixed version of the CAN-lib we could
ask James to put the bugfixed AN-source on www.piclist.com ?

Link to the CAN-lib:
http://www.microchip.com/stellent/idcplg?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&nodeId=1824&appn
ote=en011822

Comments/questions on my current problem with AN738 so far
 is mixed in with the source below:

#include "can18xx8.h"
#include <p18cxxx.h>

// CAN module related variables
typedef unsigned long NewMessage;
typedef BYTE NewMessageData[8];
typedef BYTE MessageData[8];
typedef BYTE NewMessageLen;
enum CAN_RX_MSG_FLAGS NewMessageFlags;
typedef BYTE RxFilterMatch;

// Above I added 'typdef' and 'enum' that helped to get it compiled beyond
// CAN_RX_MSG_FLAGS NewMessageFlags; which failed before.
// I am not sure if enum is the same as typedef but atleast it compiles.
// The intention here must be to declare the variable NewMessageFlags
// as of type CAN_RX_MSG_FLAGS ?

// Application specific initialization code follows
// ------------------------------------------------

// Setup the Node for 1 Megabits/sec using a 40MHz clock
CANInitialize(1, // SJW
     1, // BRP
     8, // PHSEG1
     8, // PHSEG2
     3, // PROPSEG
     CAN_CONFIG_PHSEG2_PRG_BIT & CAN_CONFIG_VALID_STD_MSG & CAN_CONFIG_STD_MSG &
CAN_CONFIG_DBL_BUFFER_ON);

// I get syntax error on the line above starting with:   CANInitialize...
// its defined in the headerfile "can18xx8.h" as:

void CANInitialize(BYTE SJW,
                    BYTE BRP,
                    BYTE PHSEG1,
                    BYTE PHSEG2,
                    BYTE PROPSEG,
                    enum CAN_CONFIG_FLAGS config);

What can be wrong?? TIA

Re: [PIC] Microchip Samples

Alan B. Pearce
>Now, the "Estimated Ship Date:" for all of them
>was 07/04/2005. Let's see if they arrive earlier...

Yeah, mine gave an estimated date of a month away - I think that is an
automated reply so you do not get your expectations up. I had mine in about
a week anyway.