[PIC] Sad news about Peter Crowcroft

Dan Smith-11
Taken from http://www.dontronics.com/cat_hard_diy.html

>From Ladda at DIY Electronics

Hello everyone,

Most of you would be aware that Peter has been quite ill for some time
now. For the past couple of years he has been in and out of hospital
getting treatment for the various complications arising from the his
tumor. For the past 4 weeks he has been in hospital in Melbourne,
Australia, for treatment bu unfortunately his condition slowly got
worse.

Unfortunately Peter did not survive his latest ordeal. On Monday, June
13th, at approximately 4pm, Peter passed away. He died peacefully and
without pain, surrounded by his immediate family.

We are all VERY saddened and upset with his passing. Of course we knew
it would happen sooner or later but it is still a shock for all of us.

A funeral service will be held next Tuesday, June 21st, at 2.00pm, at

Cabrini Hospital Chapel
183 Wattletree Road
Malvern, 3144
Melbourne, Australia

At this point I would like to reassure everyone that DIY Electronics
WILL CONTINUE in business.

However DIY Electronics will be closed for about 2 weeks (starting
Friday, June 17) so we can take a break and recover from the stress of
the past few days. During this time the fax machine will be turned off
and no emails will be accepted. I realise this will delay current
orders even further but I hope you can all understand the reason why.

Thank you for all your support and understanding these past few months,

Ladda and staff
DIY Electronics (HK) Ltd

            DIY Electronics (HK) Ltd
      PO Box 88458, Sham Shui Po, Hong Kong
Factory: voice 852-2304 2250    Fax: 852-2729 1400
         M/F, 97 Fuk Wa Street, Sham Shui Po
Home: voice 852-2720 0255          Mobile: 6273 2049
            Web:  http://www.kitsrus.com

Re: [OT] Sad news about Peter Crowcroft

Spehro Pefhany
R.I.P.

Peter was a truly fascinating and colorful character. He will be missed.

Best regards,

Spehro Pefhany --"it's the network..."            "The Journey is the reward"
[hidden email]             Info for manufacturers: http://www.trexon.com
Embedded software/hardware/analog  Info for designers:  http://www.speff.com
->> Inexpensive test equipment & parts http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZspeff

Re: [PIC] Sad news about Peter Crowcroft

Josh Koffman
Wow...that's a shock. I had no idea he was ill. Peter really was a
great guy. I helped beta test the Kit150 programmer. He sent it to me
for free, and when I couldn't locate the SMT transistors I needed, he
sent those along too.

Is there anyone in Melbourne who will be attending the funeral?

Josh
fools.
        -Douglas Adams

On 6/15/05, Dan Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Taken from http://www.dontronics.com/cat_hard_diy.html
>
> >From Ladda at DIY Electronics
>
> Unfortunately Peter did not survive his latest ordeal. On Monday, June
> 13th, at approximately 4pm, Peter passed away. He died peacefully and
> without pain, surrounded by his immediate family.

RE: [PIC] Sad news about Peter Crowcroft

Wouter van Ooijen
> Is there anyone in Melbourne who will be attending the funeral?

I know him 'only' from business, but if someone knows where I can send
condoleances? Apparently not to the Kitsrus email or FAX.

Wouter van Ooijen

-- -------------------------------------------
Van Ooijen Technische Informatica: www.voti.nl
consultancy, development, PICmicro products
docent Hogeschool van Utrecht: www.voti.nl/hvu

Re: [PIC] Sad news about Peter Crowcroft

Bob Axtell
Wouter van Ooijen wrote:

>>Is there anyone in Melbourne who will be attending the funeral?
>>

>I know him 'only' from business, but if someone knows where I can send
>condoleances? Apparently not to the Kitsrus email or FAX.
>
>Wouter van Ooijen
>
>-- -------------------------------------------
>Van Ooijen Technische Informatica: www.voti.nl
>consultancy, development, PICmicro products
>docent Hogeschool van Utrecht: www.voti.nl/hvu

Wouter,

There is a DIY support forum at

   http://beam.to/diyforum

many from the HK office read it.

--Bob

--
Note: To protect our network,
attachments must be sent to

Re: [PIC] Sad news about Peter Crowcroft

Dave VanHorn

I do wish you'd stay around.  We loose too many good people.

Re: [OT] Sad news about Peter Crowcroft

Daniel Dourneau
I met Peter in Hong Kong several times to buy some kits or just for a cup
of coffee.
He was a really nice chap.