[PIC} Variable bit length serial out routine pse

[PIC} Variable bit length serial out routine pse

Mike W-8
Hi Folks,
I'm looking for an asm routine for bit banging a variable bit length serial
output with data, clock and strobe
Data length is between 8 and 22 bits, clocked and then strobed to latch the
data. As an added complication I need to be able to enter the routine with
variables of bitlength, clock pin and, obviously, the data to be sent.

I'm not sure about this as the data sheet does'nt specify, but I believe the
datastream also needs to be at a constant speed, in otherwords if sending 22
bits the clock needs to be 22 equally spaced pulses followed by the strobe.

any offers of source, or pointers to where I might get some ideas on how to do
this greatly appreciated.
thanks, Mike

Re: [PIC} Variable bit length serial out routine pse

Bob Ammerman
Can you give us a pointer to the chip or whatever you are trying to
interface to???

Bob Ammerman
RAm Systems