PIC16F88

mircea2012

Hy.

I have a question about port B PIC16F88 mcu.
I try to flashing the eight leds of port B with a delay of 1 sec (trisb=0 - all pins are outputs).
I can't to setup the last 2 pins of port B like an outputs. I sure that they can be set like an output because in electrical drawings is specified.
These 2 pins also can be setup like an analog channel. To deactivate to work like an analog channel I set the
ansel=0; (digital I/O) but the compiler does not recognize the ansel register. What is the corect syntax ?
Also i deactivate RB Port Change Interrupt Enable bit, but the pins RB7 and RB6 are always ON.
Can somebaody give some tips ?
Thank you.

[PIC] Re: PIC16F88

Bob Blick-4
Posts must have a topic tag in the subject line, I added [PIC] - Bob

On Mon, Feb 4, 2013, at 07:27 AM, mircea2012 wrote:

> Hy.
>
> I have a question about port B PIC16F88 mcu.
> I try to flashing the eight leds of port B with a delay of 1 sec (trisb=0
> -
> all pins are outputs).
> I can't to setup the last 2 pins of port B like an outputs. I sure that
> they
> can be set like an output because in electrical drawings is specified.
> These 2 pins also can be setup like an analog channel. To deactivate to
> work
> like an analog channel I set the
> ansel=0; (digital I/O) but the compiler does not recognize the ansel
> register. What is the corect syntax ?
> Also i deactivate RB Port Change Interrupt Enable bit, but the pins RB7
> and
> RB6 are always ON.
> Can somebaody give some tips ?
> Thank you.
>
> <http://microcontrollers.2385.n7.nabble.com/file/n180532/Untitled.png>

http://www.fastmail.fm - A no graphics, no pop-ups email service

Re: [PIC] Re: PIC16F88

Gál Zsolt
Hello,

Could you show me the configuration word you set for this device?

Zsolt
ivp

Re: [PIC] PIC16F88

ivp
> the compiler does not recognize the ansel register

That can happen if the project hasn't been configured with the correct
micro or includes, eg

          list P = 16F88
          include "P16f88.inc"

 __CONFIG  _CONFIG1, _CP_OFF & _HS_OSC & _MCLR_ON & _WDT_OFF & _PWRTE_OFF &
_BODEN_OFF & _LVP_OFF
 __CONFIG  _CONFIG2, _IESO_OFF & _FCMEN_OFF

For 16F88 project with no analogue, all outputs

         banksel trisb
         movlw   b'00000000'
         movwf   trisb

         banksel option_reg
         movlw   b'10000000'
;                  1           pullups off
         movwf   option_reg

         banksel ansel
         movlw   b'00000000'  ;all digital
         movwf   ansel

         banksel cmcon
         movlw   b'00000111'  ;comparators off
         movwf   cmcon

Joe

Re: [PIC] Re: PIC16F88

Nicola Perotto

On Mon, Feb 4, 2013, at 07:27 AM, mircea2012 wrote:
>> Hy.
>>
>> I have a question about port B PIC16F88 mcu.
>> I try to flashing the eight leds of port B with a delay of 1 sec (trisb=0
>> -
>> all pins are outputs).
>> I can't to setup the last 2 pins of port B like an outputs. I sure that
>> they
>> can be set like an output because in electrical drawings is specified.
The last 2 pins of Port B are also used to connect the programmer (and you
used...).

>> These 2 pins also can be setup like an analog channel. To deactivate to
>> work
>> like an analog channel I set the
>> ansel=0; (digital I/O) but the compiler does not recognize the ansel
>> register. What is the corect syntax ?
Which language/compiler are you using?

>> Also i deactivate RB Port Change Interrupt Enable bit, but the pins RB7
>> and
>> RB6 are always ON.
>> Can somebaody give some tips ?
Why can try but remember that we need more exaustive informations also!

Re: [PIC] Re: PIC16F88

Mr Smiley
Have you disabled the comparators ??

CMCON disable can be either 0x00 or 0x07

Mr Smiley :o)

> On Mon, Feb 4, 2013, at 07:27 AM, mircea2012 wrote:
> >> Hy.
> >>
> >> I have a question about port B PIC16F88 mcu.
> >> I try to flashing the eight leds of port B with a
> delay of 1 sec (trisb=0
> >> -
> >> all pins are outputs).
> >> I can't to setup the last 2 pins of port B like an
> outputs. I sure that
> >> they
> >> can be set like an output because in electrical
> drawings is specified.
> The last 2 pins of Port B are also used to connect the
> programmer (and you
> used...).
>
> >> These 2 pins also can be setup like an analog
> channel. To deactivate to
> >> work
> >> like an analog channel I set the
> >> ansel=0; (digital I/O) but the compiler does not
> recognize the ansel
> >> register. What is the corect syntax ?
> Which language/compiler are you using?
>
> >> Also i deactivate RB Port Change Interrupt Enable
> bit, but the pins RB7
> >> and
> >> RB6 are always ON.
> >> Can somebaody give some tips ?
> Why can try but remember that we need more exaustive
> informations also!

Re: PIC16F88

mircea2012
 Flashing the first six leds LB5, LB4, LB3, LB2, LB1, LB0 with a delay of 1 sec.

I try to flash the leds in the same way : LB0, LB2, LB4, LB6 -- ON and LB1, LB3, LB5, LB7 -- OFF
and after 1 sec                                  LB0, LB2, LB4, LB6 -- OFF and LB1, LB3, LB5, LB7 -- ON

#include<system.h>

#pragma DATA _CONFIG, _CP_OFF & _PWRTE_OFF & _WDT_OFF & _HS_OSC & _LVP_OFF

unsigned int counter = 0;

void interrupt(void)
{
     if((intcon & 0x05) && (intcon & 0x04))
       {
          clear_bit(intcon, 2);
          counter++;
          if(counter == 30)
            {
               counter = 0;
               portb = ~portb;
            }
       }
}

void main(void)
{
     ansel = 0x00;
     trisb = 0x00;
     portb = 0b10101010;
     tmr0 = 0;
     cmcon = 0x07;
     option_reg = 0b00000111;
     clear_bit(intcon, 3);
     set_bit(intcon, 7);
     set_bit(intcon, 5);
     while(1)
     {

     }
}

When I compile it I receive the next message : error : unknown identifier 'ansel'
                                                                error : invalid operand 'ansel'

Re: PIC16F88

Bob Blick-4
Hi Mircea,

You need to put a topic tag in the subject line of your posts if you
want them delivered to everyone. The correct topic tag for this post is
[PIC]

I added the last one for you. Now it's up to you.

Just follow by example, look at all the posts on the Piclist and you'll
see how it's done, or follow the links to the Piclist info page near the
bottom of every post.

Best regards,

Bob

On Tue, Feb 5, 2013, at 10:26 AM, mircea2012 wrote:

--
http://www.fastmail.fm - Or how I learned to stop worrying and
                          love email again