Question about FlexCAN module and uClinux-dist-20080808

Question about FlexCAN module and uClinux-dist-20080808

Valentin Rouquette
/* Sorry for my poor English */

Hi,

I test uClinux on Freescale Coldfire MCF5329. I work with the “Zoom
Coldfire SDK Development Kit”. For my first task, I design a
CAN-Ethernet bridge. For this, I follow step-by-step the application
note “AN3408 – Building a Sample CGI Application” from Freescale. For
the moment, I search a build a correct uClinux image (with CAN driver
!). A lot of points are OK (I build an uClinux image, I send and run
it with dBug program, ...). But, in the uClinux kernel configuration
menu, I don't find the “ColdFire FlexCAN module support” option (To
have CAN4Linux drivers for the FlexCAN module on MCF5329 - page 10 of
the application note). This is the only option (of the application
note, pages 6=>12) that I can not find.

Anyone knows its location ?

I work with the latest uClinux-dist (20080808), but I have the same
problem with all previous distribution of uClinux (20070130, 20060803,
20051110).

Thanks.

Val
---
[hidden email]              Send a post to the list.
[hidden email]        Join the list.
[hidden email]    Join the list in digest mode.
[hidden email]     Leave the list.

RE: Question about FlexCAN module and uClinux-dist-20080808

Seymour David-ra2693
Hi Val,
Look at page 9 of the AN3408.
Near Top of page:
One of the largest submenus with further submenus is Device drivers. All
available device drivers are
selected here. Most of the drivers can be built as a module, part of the
kernel, or not at all. For this example,
select all the suggested options to be built as the part of the kernel
(not as module) to simplify loading of
them.
Near Bottom of page:
Look at the Character devices submenu. Enable the following options:
* Virtual terminal
* Inside Serial drivers, enable ColdFire serial support
* Legacy (BSD) PTY support
Look at page 10 of the AN3408.
Top of page:
ColdFire FlexCAN module support and CAN0 - To have CAN4Linux drivers for
the FlexCAN
module on MCF5329

Also as reference, when you had mounted the LTIB iso, the root directory
has a START_HERE.htm file that is really goood reading via browser.  It
also have configuration directions for testing ColdFire peripherals.
It even has the test procedure used to test the FlexCAN module.

Note that when using LTIB (./ltib -c) you must select "Config the
kernel" so that configuration window will open to give you access to the
"Device Drivers" configuration window, then "Character devices" to gain
access to the "ColdFire FlexCAN module support" at the bottom of the
window.

Best Regards,
David
David E Seymour