Re: ColdFire Digest #10673 - 06/10/05

Doug.Price
Hi Paul:

That's what one would think. But other subsystem descriptions like the
general purpose timers or UART modules all talk about how to configure and
use the pins as discrete I/O.  The DMA timer however make no mention of
this capability. I see nothing in the configuration registers either.

I think I'll just play with the UARTs to get comfortable with interrupt
handling on the chip.

But it does seem to be a waste as far as the EVB is concerned.

Cheers

Doug.

Subject: RE: [ColdFire] User LEDs - 5282EVB
From: "shubel, paul" <[hidden email]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 11:45:07 -0400

Hi Doug,

You can probably configure those pins as GPIO's.  The DMA functionality
might just be the secondary function.

Cheers,

Paul

Doug

Re: ColdFire Digest #10673 - 06/10/05

Doug.Price
The answer to my own question is as simple as one would expect.

Unlike the General Purpose Timer Module chapter that describes the pin
configuration within the chapter, the DMA Timer pin configuration
description is located in the chapter General Purpose IO.

Such are the tribulations of the newbie.

Cheers all.

Doug