Re: [PIC] xwisp can't read serial port (was Re: [PIC:] AnyoneinPortland, OR who can loan me the useoftheirprogrammer for 10 minutes?)

Re: [PIC] xwisp can't read serial port (was Re: [PIC:] AnyoneinPortland, OR who can loan me the useoftheirprogrammer for 10 minutes?)

Steve Willoughby

Steve Willoughby wrote:
> Wouter van Ooijen wrote:
>> IIRC you have a 16F628-04. Program that chip, don't look at the -04 and
>> connect it to a 20 MHz crystal. It will most probably work, especially
>
> Oooh, I hadn't thought of getting away with that.  Yes, actually when
> the 628A failed, I tried flashing the Wisp code into my 16F628-04 and
> it worked... I'll plug it into the Wisp board and see what happens :)

Well, since I know you're all dieing to knwo (haha), I finally got this
resolved.  The worst of all things to happen when debugging hardware or
software happened--the serial port code just started working properly
for no apparent reason (of course, there was no apparent reason for it
*not* to work, either, as far as I coul tell).

So I go the 628A flashed and everything is working very nicely.  Thanks,
Wouter, for that excellent suggestion.  I never would have thought to
try overclocking the PIC that far.

--steve