[TECH] Fluke 744 Process Calibrator - Will not source current

[TECH] Fluke 744 Process Calibrator - Will not source current

Richard
This is a Fluke 744 that we use in the Instrumentation and Process
Control courses at a local community college. The issue is that it is
not sourcing current, though the display indicates that it is in source
mode and the current is changeable on the display. Further, the display
indicates that the "compliance voltage exceeds limits". Voltage sourcing
is functional. This unit was functional in August, and the instructor
who was teaching during this semester did not report a failure before
the end of his course. In October, when the daytime class started labs,
it was discovered that the battery was dead. A new battery was ordered,
and the problem was discovered.

Attempts to get service from Fluke, and from a couple of
Fluke-authorized calibration companies, were not fruitful. It seems that
nobody is supporting this 10-year old unit.

So, I am looking for a schematic or service manual for it, or a company
that will service it. Hopefully, someone on the list has a good lead for me.

Best wishes to all during this holiday season, and may all have a happy,
healthy, and prosperous 2021.

Richard

Re: [TECH] Fluke 744 Process Calibrator - Will not source current

Richard
Not sure why the below got sent 3 times, but I apologize for whatever
magic button I hit that caused this,