[TECH]:: Microsoft implores you to stop using Cmd and switch to PowerShell

[TECH]:: Microsoft implores you to stop using Cmd and switch to PowerShell

RussellMc
Microsoft implores you to stop using Cmd and switch to PowerShell

The reader discussion adds greatly to the article.

https://betanews.com/2020/05/27/move-from-cmd-to-powershell/

______________________________

Power Shell:

It's obvious
eg
CMD:      dir /od
 PS:        gci | sort -property LastWriteTime

DIR /od
dir : Cannot find path 'C:\od' because it does not exist.

DIR /os
dir : Cannot find path 'C:\os' because it does not exist.

Aliases "help"

Re: [TECH]:: Microsoft implores you to stop using Cmd and switch to PowerShell

John Ferrell
I have felt like Windows is sneaking in some new limitations.  I have
some very big data files that used to work fine that are rejected due to
size limitations.  Raw data needs to be saved before the butchering
begins.  I just accept the fact that I am likely suffering the aging
illness...

--
John Ferrell W8CCW
    Julian NC 27283

Re: [TECH]:: Microsoft implores you to stop using Cmd and switch to PowerShell

Mike Rigby-Jones
How big are the files? Fat32 has a 4GB limit.

Mike

On Sun, 31 May 2020, 05:05 John Ferrell, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have felt like Windows is sneaking in some new limitations.  I have
> some very big data files that used to work fine that are rejected due to
> size limitations.  Raw data needs to be saved before the butchering
> begins.  I just accept the fact that I am likely suffering the aging
> illness...
>
> On 5/30/2020 3:11 AM, RussellMc wrote:
> > Microsoft implores you to stop using Cmd and switch to PowerShell
>
> --
> John Ferrell W8CCW
>     Julian NC 27283
>   It is better to walk alone,
> than with a crowd going the wrong direction.
>                    --Diane Grant

Re: [TECH]:: Microsoft implores you to stop using Cmd and switch to PowerShell

John Ferrell
At least 10G. It used to work.  I think I got around it by giving it an
".bin" extension.

I used XVI32.exe to work my way through the moment.  I was definitely in
Hacking mode.

Perhaps that Windows automatically handled the problem on earlier releases.