lcf files

Emilena Specht
Hi all.
Does anyone have ever worked with dBUG code in internal flash or know how do
those .lcf files (Metrokers linker files) work?
I dind´t find any information about this kind of files, or better, any help on
configuring/building them...
Metrowerks told me to look at "Targeting Coldfire" tutorial, but it didn´t help
at all.

Thanks,

Emilena

-------
 Emilena Specht
 GPARC & TI
 www.gparc.org
 Porto Alegre-RS, Brazil
 email: [hidden email]

Re: lcf files

IMA - Schillack
Hello,

.lcf = "linker command file"
These files are used by the Metrowerks CodeWarrior Linker. They define
memory areas and assign sections. They can also include symbol definitions.
The .lcf-files are very similar to the .ld (linker script) files, which are
used by the gnu linker "LD".
Documentation can be found here:
http://www.gnu.org/software/binutils/manual/ld-2.9.1/html_node/ld_16.html#SE
C16

Sebastian Schillack

RE: lcf files

Liechty Ronald-RAT109
Emilena Specht  Wrote:

> Does anyone have ever worked with dBUG code in internal flash or
> know how do those .lcf files (Metrokers linker files) work?
> I dind´t find any information about this kind of files, or better,
> any help on configuring/building them...
> Metrowerks told me to look at "Targeting Coldfire" tutorial,
> but it didn´t help at all.

I think they told you wrong...

If you look in the Targeting_ColdFire.pdf, chapter 6 is dedicated to this topic.

If you want I can send you a copy, or I have a presentation that one of our FAE's did that I can send if you write directly to me.

Ron

--
Ron Liechty  (MW Ron)
Ombudsman, Manager FOCUS team

About the PCI to PCI bridge

KylongMu
Hello team,
        I'm trying to extend my 5475EVB board's PCI devices with Hint1
PCI-PCI bridge,
but when the board powered up, the Linux kernel stopped at PCI scanning. My
PCI-PCI bridge
is a part of a card witch contains 4 BT878 chips, this card is work properly
on X86 system.
And I tested it under PPC8540 platform, it's work well also.
        My 5475EVB board's Linux BSP is download from Metrowerks 2.6Kernel
no PCS.

        Is anybody knows if 5475 support PCI-PCI bridge, or the problem is
caused by the BSP?

Thanks a lot,

KylongMu

lcf files

Liechty Ronald-RAT109
Emilena Specht Wrote:

> Does anyone have ever worked with dBUG code in internal flash
> or know how do those .lcf files (Metrokers linker files) work?
> I dind´t find any information about this kind of files, or better,
> any help on configuring/building them... Metrowerks told me to
> look at "Targeting Coldfire" tutorial, but it didn´t help at all.

More information, You may be out of luck because we don't do dBug, we use MetroTRK.

Ron