printing in debugger's output window

Razvan Dumitrescu
Hi,

I have an Ethernut 2.1 board, running NutOS 3.9.1.0 and an application that uses both RS-232 ports. For debugging I'm using a JTAGICE mk-II device. Is there any function or other possibility for printing some custom debugging information in the AVRStudio (4.09) debugger's output window ?

Thanks,
Razvan

Re: printing in debugger's output window

Harald Kipp
Hello Razvan,

We are using syslog (TFTPD32 on Windows) for tracing.

#include <sys/syslog.h>
u_long ip; /* Must be set to syslog server host IP */

openlog("nut", 0, LOG_LOCAL0);
setlogserver(ip, 0);
syslog(LOG_INFO, "Nut/OS %s", NutVersionString());

Harald