vsprintf

Granville Gregg

Hi

Anyone know where I can get the source for vsprintf for the GCC compiler I am in need of it for a project based on U-Boot for the MCF54450

What I am exactly looking for is standard libraries written in C which would give me support for printing of doubles (i.e. atof, vsprintf with %f, etc..).  I need the C source code so I can drop it into our current embedded system

Gregg

Gregg GRANVILLE

Hardware Engineering Manager

Tel 1 603.622.0212 / Fax 1 603.623.5623

[hidden email] / www.metronics.com

METRONICS /// 30 Harvey Road // Bedford, NH 03110-6818 / US

[hidden email] Send a post to the list. [hidden email] Join the list. [hidden email] Join the list in digest mode. [hidden email] Leave the list.

Re: vsprintf

David Brown-4
Granville Gregg wrote:

> Hi
>
> Anyone know where I can get the source for vsprintf for the GCC compiler
> I am in need of it for a project based on U-Boot for the MCF54450
>

> What I am exactly looking for is standard libraries written in C which
> would give me support for printing of doubles (i.e. atof, vsprintf with
> %f, etc..).  I need the C source code so I can drop it into our current
> embedded system
>

> Gregg

gcc doesn't have a vsprintf function - that's part of the C library, not
the C compiler.  So you want to look in the source code for a C library.
  Different C libraries have different licenses - you cannot take the
vsprintf code from the gnu libc and paste it into your code unless your
entire code is (L)GPL.  An alternative source that might be a better
choice is newlib (BSD-style license).

mvh.,

David
---
[hidden email]              Send a post to the list.
[hidden email]        Join the list.
[hidden email]    Join the list in digest mode.
[hidden email]     Leave the list.

Re: vsprintf

Sztefan Edwards
Also dietlibc (GPL), uClibc (LGPL) and the various *BSD system's libc's.

--
====
Q. How many Prolog programmers does it take to change a lightbulb?